The electric power industry is rapidly moving beyond the smart meter to that of an information-rich networked grid. Information technology and advanced communication networks are enabling an intelligent grid infrastructure that is spawning the development and deployment of transformative applications for next-generation utility networks.
Between 2010 and 2020, power grids around the globe will be transformed through a series of stages driven by the availability of infrastructure technology and application market demand. Everything from improved power quality and reduction in peak demand to the integration of distributed renewable energy resources and PHEVs will influence the portfolio of smart grid technologies and applications to come.
The Networked Grid 2010 is Greentech Media’s premier two-day smart grid conference, covering next-generation smart grid infrastructure and applications. Topics to be covered at this smart grid event include:
- North American Utility Executive Round Table Discussion
- Networked Grid Communications Infrastructure: Scaling AMI and Beyond
- The Soft Grid: Smart Grid’s Killer Applications
- Power Forward: Grid Optimization and Distribution Automation
- Information is Power: Meter Data Management and Analytics
- Winning the Home Network Battle: PHYs, Protocols and Platforms
- The Smart Home Customer Experience: Next-Generation Consumer Services and TOU Pricing
- Securing the Networked Grid Infrastructure
- Addressing Peak Demand: The Future of Demand Response and Smart Appliances
- The Microgrid Emergence: Distributed, Intermittent Renewable Power & Storage
- Utility Enterprise 2.0: Information Technology and Back-Office Systems Integration
- The Networked EV: Smart Grids and Electric Vehicles
- The Networked Building: Efficient, Automated “Energy LANs”
In addition, The Networked Grid 2010 will feature two in-depth workshops:
- Power Layer Infrastructure Technologies and Network Communications Layer Architectures
- North American Utility Smart Grid Case Studies
Stay tuned for more news about this conference!!!!!
Where: Hyatt Grand Champions Resort, Villas and Spa in Palm Springs, CA.
When: May 18-19, 2010
Registration : The Networked Grid 2010 page
The full agenda for The Networked Grid 2010 can be found here.